Charlottesville, Virginia – Reported by Elite Traveler, the private jet lifestyle magazine
Fairwell to fall’s apple cider and hello to winter’s eggnog. Throughout the month of December, indulge in the magical surroundings of the Blue Ridge Mountains to celebrate the holiday season with Keswick Hall. Guests can embrace the Christmas spirit beside crackling fireplaces while enjoying the scenic countryside views and seasonal decorations. From December 1-30, 2010, Sunday through Thursday, guests can retreat to luxurious accommodations with the “Home for the Holidays” program.
In keeping with the spirit of the season, Keswick Hall invites family and friends to partake in additional wintertime delights:
• Roast chestnuts over an open fire while making homemade, scrumptous s’mores every Wednesday, December 15-29, 2010 (4:00-5:30pm). Complimentary to all.
• Housemade hot chocolate availabile daily in the Great Hall. Complimentary to all.
• Friday, December 24, join in or simply enjoy the sounds of Christmas Eve Carols. 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Complimentary to all.
• Saturday, December 11 & 18, 2010 (3:00-5:00pm), the seasonally decorated Villa Crawford will be hosting Afternoon Tea for the Generations with a three-course delight including tea sandwiches, luscious scones with marmalades, lemon curd, clotted cream, and scruptiously baked pastries. Reservations required, $19 per person.
• When burnt out in the kitchen from baking homemade holiday treats, resort to Keswick’s Sunday Brunch, available every Sunday, December 5-26, 2010 (12:00-2:00pm) for a joyful and tasty menu containing some of the hotel’s special dishes. Resevations recommended. A la carte pricing.
• Savor Christmas lunch (12:00 – 4:00pm) and dinner (from 6:00pm) during this cherished holiday with an elegant buffet for lunch ($68 per adult & $30 per child) and a five-course prix fixe menu at Fossett’s Restaurant ($85 per person). Available December 25th only.