The proceeds from the sales will be donated to the Monegasque Association against Muscular Dystrophy, promoter of Only Watch with Antiquorum Auctioneers and the Monaco Yacht Show, to help finance research for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a degenerative neuromuscular disease affecting 1 in 3,500 boys and therefore 250,000 children, adolescents, and young adults around the world.
From September 6, an international exhibit of the Only Watch collection of timepieces for men and women will also travel the world – Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, New York – and will be concluded by a presentation during the Monaco Yacht Show (September 25 to 28).
The Only Watch auction itself takes place on September 28 at 11am (GMT+1) in the ‘Salle Belle Epoque’ of the Hôtel Hermitage.
ONLY WATCH 2013 SPOTLIGHT: Piaget
For this fifth edition of Only Watch, Piaget has created a unique timepiece based on its emblematic Altiplano Skeleton: the Piaget Altiplano 38mm Only Watch Skeleton 1200S.
To further enhance its unique features, the case is also engraved with “Only Watch 2013 – Piece Unique”.
- World’s thinnest automatic skeleton watch (5.34 mm)
- 18-carat white gold case, black PVD treatment
- Case back engraving: Only Watch 2013 – Unique Piece
- Black dauphine hands
- Manufacture Piaget 1200S ultra-thin mechanical self-winding skeleton movement
- World’s thinnest automatic skeleton movement (2.40 mm)
- Functions: hours, minutes
- Movement thickness: 2.40 mm
- Casing dimensions: 31.9 mm diameter
- Number of jewels: 26
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
- Approximately 44-hour power reserve
- Finishing: sunburst satin-brushed plate and bridges, hand bevelled, hand drawn bridges and plate, circular and sunburst satin-brushed wheels, polished blind tapped screws, polished heads, beveled slots “P” fixed to the regulator assembly as Piaget signature
- Engraved coat-of-arms on the black platinum oscillating weight
- Black screws on plate and bridges
- 18 carat white gold ardillon buckle, black PVD treatment
- Black alligator strap