By Kelly Carter
If you’re one of those pet parents who feels guilty when you jet off to an exotic locale for holiday and leave your pet behind, the way to ease those feelings is by splurging on a $73,000 vacay for your pooch with panache.
One very lucky dog will have the most wonderful and luxurious canine holiday of all time. From the time he (or she) is collected by chauffeur, to the moment he wags his tail goodbye to the prestigious Paw Seasons luxury dog hotel in Bristol, England – he will have had an action packed and unforgettable fortnight. Swimming, surfing, reiki, card playing, spa & groom, hurdling with an Olympic athlete, a counseling session, and a personal chef are all included.
The unprecedented lavish dog break is being offered through luxury launches site VeryFirstTo.com, which recently sold the ultimate human holiday (visiting every World Heritage site over two years at $1.5 million per couple).
Highlights of the Spectacular Luxury Dog Holiday include:
• collection by The Paw Season’s hotel chauffeur
• suite including screen showing dog favorites (Lassie and 101 Dalmatians etc) accompanied by dog-friendly popcorn
• bespoke crafted doghouse replicating the dog’s own home by Bespoke Impact (helping avoid any chance of homesickness)
• personal chef – responsible for a daily menu consisting of doggy favorites
• local beach and countryside walks with Billy + Margot ice cream (suitable for vegetarian dogs) and games
• a running session with 400m hurdles Commonwealth and World Champion Dai Greene
• surfing lesson courtesy of Surf South West
• a day with author and TV dog behavior expert Stan Rawlinson the Doglistener
• reiki sessions with practitioner Rob Fellows (Master Teacher Member of the UK Reiki Federation)
• ‘Spa & Groom’ at The Pet Spa at Harrods, including: aromatherapy bath & body message; wash & fluff dry, and pedicure
• luxury wardrobe including Louis Vuitton collar; Bottega Veneta lead and Mulberry rain mac
• the dog’s owners receive a bespoke solid bronze car mascot of the dog as well as a portrait by artist Jo Chambers, and are kept updated throughout via Facebook and YouTube
“Being the leaders in luxury breaks for dogs, we wanted to be the first to offer the most spectacular luxury holiday a dog could wish for,” says Jenny Hytner-Marriott, Founder of The Paw Seasons. “Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and Cancer Research, two charities very close to our hearts, will be benefiting.”
The charities will split $14,500 of the fee for the package that is sure to make someone’s paw-footed pal feel like a top dog.
For more on luxury pet travel, visit TheJetSetPets.com