Land Rover, the world’s leading sport utility vehicle manufacturer, comes to Los Angeles with the North American debut of Range Rover Sport Autobiography Limited Edition. The limited-production vehicle will be on display with the full model line-up for press review December 2-3, and during the public show days December 4-13.
The award-winning Range Rover Sport line-up will feature a striking new Autobiography Package available in the 510-hp Supercharged edition offering added elegance and refinement for 2010. All seat surfaces are upholstered in new duo-tone leather, available in three color combinations. The front and rear headrests are embossed with a unique Autobiography Sport logo while the wood door inserts also bear this exclusive insignia. The Autobiography Package also includes the rear-seat entertainment system and HD radio offered in Range Rover Sport, as well as a distinctive Autobiography Sport badge on the tailgate. Electronic rear differential lock and adaptive cruise control are also part of the package.
Only 250 Autobiographies will be produced this year in Santorini Black. The exterior features body-colored lower door panels, front and rear bumpers with titan accents and an extended rear roof spoiler. A Titan mesh grille and side vents also enhance the Autobiography Package. Special 20-inch, 10-spoke Diamond-Turned alloy wheels and a distinguishing exhaust extension complete the exterior.
Autobiography – A Beneficiary of a Better Basis
The foundation for the Autobiography model – the updated 2010 Range Rover Sport – puts even more emphasis on driving dynamics over prior model years. From the new suspension that monitors the suspension at up to 500 times per second and adjusts to suit individual driving style, to the new Dynamic setting on the Terrain Response ™ system in the Supercharged model which provides heightened responsiveness during enthusiastic on-road driving, the new Sport feels much more agile, more athletic. Greater driver involvement comes with new paddle shifters to select gears manually when desired, revised steering, and more powerful brakes.
HSE $60,495 5.0-liter V8 375 hp/375 lb-ft 6-sp auto
Supercharged $74,195 5.0-liter V8 510 hp/461 lb-ft 6-sp auto
Autobiography $88,545 5.0-liter V8 510 hp/461 lb-ft 6-sp auto
(Prices are MSRP and include $850 destination and delivery charge)
– Greater focus on enhanced driving dynamics, more athletic performance
– All-new direct-injection 5.0-liter V8 engines
– New 5.0-liter supercharged V8 delivers a remarkable 510 hp and 461 lb-ft of
torque with 0-to-60 mph acceleration in just 5.9 seconds
– New 5.0-liter naturally-aspirated V8 with 375 hp and 375 lb-ft generating
0-to-60mph acceleration in 7.2 seconds – just 0.1 sec. slower that previous Supercharged model
– High-efficiency, sixth-generation Eaton™ twin-vortex supercharger (Supercharged and Autobiography models)
– Both engines conform to stringent ULEV2 emissions regulations
– Striking new exterior design with new LED headlights, new two-bar grille, revised
bumpers and new LED rear light clusters
– Vastly improved ride and handling with new Adaptive Dynamics System featuring precise new DampTronic Valve Technology ™ damper units (shocks) that read suspension movements 500 times per second and adjust to suit the driver
– New Dynamic program within Terrain Response™ system to deliver more sporting
and responsive on-road driving experience
– New paddle shifters for Sport Supercharged (and Autobiography)
– Dramatic leap forward in interior quality, with finer materials and finishes; 50 percent fewer buttons and switches on dashboard