Calistoga, California – Reported by Elite Traveler, the private jet lifestyle magazine
In its ongoing commitment to wellness, Auberge Resorts’ award-winning Calistoga Ranch Resort and Residences is launching “Body Bee Well” in partnership with Heather M. Peña M.D., a Harvard-trained physician with more than 25 years of experience in the field. “Body Bee Well” is a two-day experience designed to help guests optimize longevity and quality of life by combining the best of medical, nutritional and exercise sciences in a peaceful and inspiring setting. After completing the program, guests are empowered to lead healthier lives by implementing a customized “Body Bee Well” lifestyle plan.
“Calistoga Ranch is designed to stimulate and soothe, relax and rejuvenate, and transport and transform,” said Coni Thornburg, General Manager of Calistoga Ranch. “There is no other place in Wine Country that is quite like Calistoga Ranch, rich with inspirational and invigorating experiences that tap into the region’s rituals and tastes. The ‘Body Bee Well’ initiative is a natural extension of the philosophy behind the Auberge experience.”
Auberge’s philosophy of wellness is one of multi-sensory experiences that enable guests to nurture body, mind and spirit. Wellness at Calistoga Ranch includes an open-air fitness center, hiking trails, and thermal spring-fed pools at the famed Bathhouse Spa. Daily activities such as Ai Chi, guided woodland hikes, explorations into Haiku, journaling and photography round out the extensive activities program. In addition, the exclusive Lakehouse restaurant showcases Napa Valley’s organic purveyors, rustic flavors and texture, and healthful benefits.
The newest extension, “Body Bee Well” integrates the best of modern science and technology; Dr. Peña’s expertise in powerful, personalized, proactive, prevention tools; and the natural, healing environment of the Upper Napa Valley. A consultation series, “Body Bee Well” begins with a focus on Cardiovascular Health.
The three-night/two-day experience includes a questionnaire to be completed and returned by mail one week before arrival. Check-in for the program is 4 p.m. the day prior with lab tests to begin early the next morning:
• Morning Fast for Lab Test Blood Draw at Calistoga Ranch; Cardiovascular Risk Assessment Labs including lipids, VAP test, fasting sugar, fasting insulin, hs-CRP, homocysteine, Lp(a), TSH and Vitamin D
• An hour and 15-minute assessment at Dr. Peña’s office in St. Helena to include Treadmill Stress Test to assess heart health, blood pressure, fitness level and heart rhythm; a Personalized Training Heart Rate and Exercise Recommendations will be made based on the results of the treadmill test; a “biospace” Body Composition assessment will show an individual’s weight, percent body fat, percent muscle, percent water and body mass index; respiratory function will assess Lung Health and Oxygenation in the blood
• Morning Guided Hike or Yoga
• Presentation and Q&A with Dr. Peña to review the lab and test results and what they mean, “The Heart Disease and Wrinkle Connection”
• Private Consultation with Dr. Peña to create an individual “Live Well” blueprint utilizing “Live Well Reward Scale” to establish goals and track progress
• Take-Home Summary to be provided to each participant
• Lunch and Learn with Calistoga Ranch’s Executive Chef Christian Ojeda and Dr. Peña
Afterward, spend the afternoon at The Bathhouse Spa to relax, rejuvenate and restore by a soak and steam followed by a choice of a Couples Honey Foot Treatment, a Writing/Journaling for Health & Wellness session to find your voice and transcend into your soul journey, or a Biodynamic Cranial Touch session to deeply relax your central nervous system.
Price per couple is $3,795 in addition to the cost of lodging, and the experience can be booked Sunday through Thursday. As a result of participating in the “Body Bee Well” experience, guests will leave with the tools needed to live better, longer lives – a take-home summary to include test results, exercise prescription, nutrition guidelines, a “Live Well” blueprint and the Reward Scale and Goals.
“The good life starts with good health, and it’s not only a matter of avoiding illness but also of optimizing your quality of life for the long term,” said Dr. Heather Peña M.D., who has a private practice in neighboring St. Helena. “’Body Bee Well’ is a transformative experience inspired by Blue Zones – pockets around the world where people live measurably better and longer. By bringing these lifestyle characteristics to Calistoga Ranch through the ‘Body Bee Well’ program I hope to promote the creation of optimal, vibrant good health among guests.”