LOS ANGELES, CA – Continuing on a 20-year path of culinary innovation, luxury specialist Crystal Cruises has introduced its own Pinot Noir for
2010, according to a press release received by Elite Traveler.
Crystal’s new 20th anniversary vintage joins the distinct cuvees comprising its “C” and “C” Reserve wine labels, including a 2005 Cabernet
Sauvignon and Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve; 2005 Merlot and Merlot Reserve; and 2006 Chardonnay.
Produced in the “C” Vineyard in California’s Santa Lucia Highlands, the 2010 Pinot Noir boasts flavors of strawberries and red cherries with earthy herbal undertones, and spicy aromas from French oak barrels. Crystal’s “C” wines were
created to both complement the line’s fine a varied cuisine, as well as sate the palates of the most sophisticated connoisseurs.
“The demand for Pinot Noir has soared in recent years, specifically for those from California’s coast,” says Toni Neumeister, vice president, food and beverage. “Given this demand, as well as the tremendous response to our existing variety of “C” Wines, our new Pinot Noir is a natural addition to Crystal’s extensive and diverse wine program.”
To create the “C” wines, Neumeister worked closely with Crystal sommeliers, all
certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers.
Also created exclusively for Crystal to celebrate its platinum anniversary is a 20th Anniversary Billecart-Salmon Champagne, which is available on every 2010 Crystal voyage.
Crystal’s culinary program boasts:
* More than 20,000 bottles of 380+ vintages in the ships’ wine cellars,
* More than 100 culinary classes and tastings offered each year,
* More than 250 guest chefs, wine experts and mixologists during 15 years of Crystal’s popular Wine & Food Festival theme cruises,
* Two specialty restaurants on each ship (Silk Road and The Sushi Bar) featuring
the signature cuisine of Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa,
* Dozens of food and wine-focused Crystal Adventures ashore each year, including
privately hosted chateau dinners in Bordeaux, cooking lessons in Barcelona and
exclusive wine cellar tours in Sicily, and
* Abundant fresh seafood, fruits and epicurean indulgences. More than 1,500
lbs. of caviar, 35,000 lbs. of fresh live lobster and 40,000 lbs. of
strawberries are served on board annually.
For more information and Crystal reservations contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.