Southampton, Hampshire – Reported by Elite Traveler, the Private Jet Lifestyle Magazine
Cunard Line’s tradition of providing guests with the ultimate luxury experiences at sea continues on board with Queen Elizabeth ’s Royal Spa. The tranquil 13,000 square-foot modern spa space features stunning décor in line with the art deco style of the new Cunarder, and includes two levels for treatment rooms, and fitness and pool facilities. Like her sister ships, Queen Elizabeth’s spa offers a comprehensive health and wellness programme with a spectacular Hydrotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, with the new addition of the Royal Bath House, the centerpiece for the ultimate spa experience. Inspired by holistic, relaxing and stress-relieving treatments drawn from disciplines around the world, the Royal Spa will offer among the most luxurious and exotic treatments available in any spa resort, including being the first spa at sea to provide Remède products and treatments.
In addition to the highly-sought after features of the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool, a new fixture on board Queen Elizabeth’s Royal Spa is the Royal Bath House. This covered space is a social relaxation area that includes both the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool, all adjacent to the main outdoor pool on Deck 9. Plush robes, slippers and other amenities will be provided. Day passes are available for those guests not booking a treatment.
Beyond the aquatics area of the spa, guests can enjoy time to rejuvenate and revitalize with treatments provided by one of Cunard’s many high-end partners. Queen Elizabeth will be the first spa at sea to offer Remède service, including Customized Facials and Massages, as well as Remède and Elemis spa products. Additionally, other new treatments and partners include:
• Royal Spa Self-Scrub: A customized, do-it-yourself experience, guests work with the spa’s mixologist to create a special blend of exfoliants that buff away dead skin and impurities.
• Cellulite Reduction and Revitalizing Leg Therapy by Ionithermie: This detoxifying, firming and toning treatment helps to eliminate toxins using faradic and galvanic stimuli. Alleviates water retention and also guarantees inches will be lost after just one treatment.
“As the world awaits Queen Elizabeth, our guests are eager to experience all the lavish amenities featured on board, including the rituals of luxury found in the Royal Spa,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “From couples treatment suites and new treatments, to adventurous fitness classes and premium spa product partners, Cunard continues to offer White Star Service as it provides the ultimate in rejuvenation at sea.”
The Royal Spa also includes a full-service hair and nail salon using award-winning products and providing the latest services, such as:
• Phyto Hair Cocktails: Phyto is a botanical blend of powerful plants and herbs that help repair the structure of the hair and nourish the scalp and follicles, roots and ends. Choose from Phyto Thirst Quencher, Rescue Remedy,Botanical Bliss or Colour Guard.
• bliss® Poetic Waxing: Bliss’s famous “painless as possible” waxing removes unwanted hair from (practically) anywhere.
• Award-winning St. Tropez Sunless Tanning for the face and body
• Brazilian Blowout: The Brazilian Blowout leaves hair smooth, healthy and frizz-free for up to 12 weeks without the use of damaging chemicals. Through the use of a proprietary polymer system, this treatment actually enhances the condition of the hair by creating a protective protein layer around the hair shaft to eliminate frizz and smooth the cuticle, improving the health of the hair.
Refreshing Fitness For health-focused guests, Queen Elizabeth’s fitness centre includes a fully appointed work-out facility and aerobics studio featuring signature fitness classes, including:
• Walkvest®: Burn extra calories while wearing a weighted vest (two – 16 lbs.) while walking.
• Walking Poles: Turn walking into a total body workout, engaging every muscle with each stride. Classes show how the use of the poles can enhance “walking” experiences to help improve stamina, posture and balance.
• Aqua Tone: This special class incorporates movements with various types of water equipment, such as dumbbells, floats, aqua gloves and fins. The water resistance helps build muscles without overexertion.
Wellness Centre To promote overall wellbeing, the Royal Spa also offers services using the ancient traditions of Chinese medicines and Ayurvedic techniques. A professionally trained acupuncturist, registered by the British Acupuncture Council, offers six different treatments to assist in alleviating stress or pain, or helping with weight loss.
Ayurveda (Sanskrit for the Science of Life) is an ancient Indian health care system and offers a wellness plan that includes guests’ preferred type of exercise, dietary choices and even way of life/hobbies around their primary “dosha” (constitution): Pitta (water and fire), Vata (ether and air) or Kapha (water and earth). Three popular balancing Ayurvedic therapies are offered that will relax and rejuvenate the spirit, whatever the dosha. And since a key part of health and wellness is education, seminars from managing arthritis to metabolism enhancement will be offered throughout each voyage.