SAN DIEGO – Reported by Elite Traveler, the private jet lifestyle magazine
On October 6, 2012, The Grand Del Mar turns five years old. This 5th Anniversary celebrates the resort’s past achievements including the distinction of being the only California recipient of three Forbes Five-Star Awards in 2012 – Hotel, Spa and Restaurant (Addison). More kudos: AAA Five Diamond Awards for Dining and Hotel/Spa.
In honor of its anniversary, “Uniquely Grand,” a new exclusive behind-the-scenes experiential package will be launched. In addition, toasting with complimentary champagne will accompany certain Spa treatments during October, and the Lobby Lounge will feature 5th Anniversary Flights of luscious wines paired with cheese selections. And, guests certainly won’t want to miss touring the Five Most Romantic Places at The Grand Del Mar.
Uniquely Grand: The Only Package of its Kind
Available from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2013
This behind-the-scenes experiential getaway includes:
· Two-night guestroom accommodations for two
· Tour of Addison’s kitchen and tasting with Relais & Châteaux Grand Chef William Bradley
· Tour of the resort’s Wine Cellar and private tasting with Wine Director Jesse Rodriguez
· Customized three-hour “Train Like the Pros” golf lesson with PGA-certified Director of Golf Shawn Cox, including full swing video lesson and a SAM-Putting stroke analysis
· Private riding lesson and tour of the Equestrian Center
· Private hike with resort’s naturalist in Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve
The Spa at The Grand Del Mar will present gifts of a complimentary glass of champagne and a signature 8-oz. Ginger Lime travel candle with any of the following ultra-luxuriant signature spa treatments: Renaissance, Expression, Sculpted Beauty, Art for Art’s Sake and The Grand Masterpiece.
After polling the staff and visitors alike, the Five Most Romantic Places at The Grand Del Mar are being announced. Guests will want to plan to visit all five during their stays at the resort:
· Table #14 at signature restaurant Addison
· The Couple’s Suite at The Spa
· Grandview Canyon Trail with its panoramic views of Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve
· The Relaxation Fountain behind the Relaxation Pool
· Firepit overlooking the 3rd Fairway of The Grand Golf Club