Xcalacoco, Mexico – This summer, The Tides Riviera Maya resort on Mexico&rsquos Yucatan Peninsula offers its seven-day “Art of Re-Connecting: A Couples’ Retreat”, a specially designed package created for guests seeking to improve their minds, bodies and spirits while re-connecting with the one they love.
Located along the pearlescent sands of the chic Riviera Maya, The Tides embraces both jungle and sea in a serenity ideal for privacy and romance. The secluded resort is also a place of spirituality and natural wonder, where couples can explore their connection to one another, to their own consciousness, and to the beauty of their sensory world.
The retreat highlights healthy, gourmet meals and plush accommodations that ensure tranquility and rest. Each day provides an energized schedule of yoga, meditation, hiking and spa treatments designed around an elemental theme (earth, wind, air or fire). Guests will also experience a special activity each evening, including a Temazcal sweat lodge ceremony; a spiritual Chanting Workshop; exercises to awaken the senses; stargazing meditations; and an earth-awareness ritual.
The Tides “Art of Re-Connecting” retreat is being held July 11 – 17, 2008 and includes:
– Six (6) nights of accommodations in Luxury Villa: Well-appointed villas with private plunge pools are surrounded by lush gardens and feature canopied beds and outdoor terraces with chaise lounges, stone tables, hammocks and “moon” shower.
– Round-trip Airport Transfers
– Five healthy meals daily: Dining experiences feature Chef Cupertino Ortiz’s unique “Yucatecan” cuisine, which blends locally inspired creations with Mediterranean and Asian influences. Retreat meals are specially prepared with the healthiest ingredients for spa-lite dishes that deliver both gourmet taste and high energy. Guests may dine in La Marea restaurant’s romantic oceanfront setting or in the privacy of their villa.
– 45-minute Guided Power Walk on the Beach each morning with Sun Salutations.
– 60-minute Yoga Instruction each day: Led by Arielle Newman, a 20-year ‘Experienced Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher’, professional dancer and choreographer who has studied with leading yoga instructors such as Judith Lasater and Rodney Yee. Methods include Hatha, Couples, Restorative, Kundalini, and more. Customized at-home practice routines will be shared, as well.
– 30-minute Daily Guided Meditation Session: Focus will be given to different concerns and methods, such as breathing, visualizations, stress-reduction and emotions.
– One (1) hour, daily spa treatments at the Maya Spa: Located in a lush tropical landscape, the spa specializes in herbal and marine treatments drawn from ancient Maya traditions. Recommended treatments will harmonize with the day’s activities and theme, for instance a Fertility Ritual performed with seeds (earth) or the spa’s signature Lava Shell Therapy utilizing self-heating shells (fire).
– Evening Activities:
– Temazcal Sweat Lodge Ceremony: The resort’s authentic Maya Temazcal sweat lodge combines a cleansing sweat bath with herbs, flowers and music. The ceremony was practiced by the Mayas as a therapeutic and purifying ritual.
– Circle of Healing Chanting Workshop: Led by Pedro Vadhar, professional musician of shaman and healing songs. As a form of music, chanting can open the doors of spiritual awareness. The workshop uses rhythm and chanting to trespass the conscious mind to seek the kingdom of the eternal and sacred.
– Sensorama Labyrinth: This activity is designed to awaken all the senses. With eyes closed, participants will smell, feel, listen to and taste a variety of new sensations.
– Skywalk: Guests will enjoy a walking meditation under the sky and stars.
– Contact with the Earth Ceremony: Led by a doctor of natural medicine, guests will plant seeds as a symbolic connection with the earth.
Total Price is $7,460 per couple, excluding tax and gratuities. Retreat dates are July 11 – 17, 2008. For further information, please contact Hawkins International PR at the numbers listed above. For reservations contact 888-230-7330 or visit thetidesresorts.com. The Tides Riviera Maya is located at Playa Xcalacoco Frac 7 in Playa Xcalacoco, Mexico. The Tides is an adults-only resort, children under 16 are not permitted.
About The Tides Riviera Maya
A luxurious hideaway retreat situated on six acres of Caribbean waterfront property on the Yucatán Peninsula, The Tides Riviera Maya offers seclusion at its most seductive. Intimate and serene, the resort’s design respects and accentuates the pristine qualities of its dramatic jungle setting. Thirty stand-alone palapas, built of mahogany and stone and embraced by lush foliage, allow guests a rare level of privacy. Villas are luxurious and spacious and equipped with individual plunge pools and secluded private terraces. The comprehensive Maya Spa lies shrouded in vegetation in the resort’s innermost reaches and also features a Temazcal sweat lodge.
About The Tides
All Tides hotels and resorts are set in coastal locations and provide a chic-by-the-shore setting, inviting guests to unwind. The Tides offers a backdrop for encounters that inspire reconnection through cultural experiences delivered with style and spirit. Kor Hotel Group reserves The Tides identity for select projects of only the highest service and design standards. The Tides collection includes The Tides South Beach in Florida, The Tides Riviera Maya on Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula and The Tides Zihuatanejo on Mexico’s Pacific Coast. Forthcoming developments include The Tides Playa del Carmen on the Riviera Maya and The Tides Anguilla in the British West Indies.
The official site for The Tides brand is thetidesresorts.com.