– The High West Distillery and Saloon celebrates its grand opening on Friday, November 20, 2009. Located on Park Avenue in a renovated historic livery stable, High West is the world’s only ski-in gastro-distillery and is Utah’s first distillery since Prohibition. Executive Chef James Dumas fuses classic cooking techniques with seasonal and regional ingredients to create an innovative Western cuisine. Visitors can ski or snowboard to High West from the Town Lift trails and refuel with a bite to eat, tour the distillery or shop at the General Store.
– Talisker will open its doors to non-members this winter with a new Main Street restaurant, Talisker on Main. Featuring the cuisine from Talisker’s Executive Chef John Murcko, lunch and dinner menus will emphasize fresh, seasonal ingredients for mountain-contemporary dining. Built to mimic Talisker’s luxury member services, Talisker on Main will offer a central dining room, private wine room, year-round patio and garden and will include a large open-air kitchen. Talisker on Main is slated to open January 2010.
– The Canyons Club is a new, exclusive alpine club at The Canyons Resort. This annual membership-based club offers premier benefits to enhance a guest’s on-mountain experience at The Canyons. Members will receive benefits such as private dining at the new Alpine House, priority chairlift access, VIP invitations to special events, discounts on lodging and shopping and more.
– Jupiter Bowl, a new bowling alley and entertainment center, will provide families and individuals with another recreational option in the Newpark Center at Kimball Junction. Opening in late November 2009, Jupiter Bowl will feature 16 bowling lanes, a Wii lounge, an arcade, billiards tables and a high-end bar and restaurant. Jupiter Bowl will also accommodate groups and parties up to 300 people.
– Discover the inside scoop on planning a ski or snowboard vacation with the help of Park City Mountain Resort’s Snow Mamas, an online guide written by expert traveling mamas. Ask a question, learn some tips or plot a few ideas on how to plan (and execute) a vacation to Park City. Seven expert bloggers throughout the country contribute their advice and assistance to help families experience an effortless winter getaway.
– Create an all-in-one ski and lodging package with Deer Valley Resort’s new Lodging and Reservations department. The upscale ski resort now manages and provides the largest selection of accommodations in the Deer Valley area through a variety of condominiums and homes.
Upcoming holiday events
-December 5-6 – Celebrity Ski Fest at Deer Valley Resort
-December 18 – January 2 – A Christmas Carol at The Egyptian Theatre
-December 19 – Santa Arrives at the Town Lift Plaza
-December 19 – Santa Skis Free at The Canyons Resort
-December 24 – Santa on the Slopes at The Canyons Resort
-December 24 – Santa Claus Visits Deer Valley
-December 24 – Traditional Holiday Celebration & Torchlight Parade at Park City Mountain Resort
-December 28 – Dogs of Bark City! gala and auction
-December 30 – Torchlight Parade at Deer Valley Resort
-December 31 – New Years Eve Celebration at The Canyons Resort