Anticipation rises as the unveiling of the the newly remodeled Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort draws near. In June 2008 the lush, private island resort off the northeast coast of Antigua closed for a $28 million transformation.
Just over a year later, work is nearly complete, with Jumby Bay scheduled to re-open November 1, 2009. There is plenty to anticipate, including a NEW spa and resort dining experience, the complete redesign of guest rooms and 28 NEW suites, as well as the addition of NEW luxury Estate Homes. Closed throughout the renovation and redesign, Jumby Bay has now begun accepting bookings for the 2009/2010 season. Inclusive opening rates will start at $1,150 per night. Here’s what guests have to look forward to when the resort reopens its doors:
· NEW and Fully Enhanced Accommodations: Jumby Bay is heightening the guest experience with the enhancement of 40 Guest Rooms comprised of 28 new and 12 updated suites. Interior design by Miami-based IDC captures the spirit of a tropical hideaway, with casual elegance and romantic British Colonial style. New suite categories include: Beachside Courtyard, Ocean View Pool and Rosewood Estate Suites that all rest just steps from Jumby Bay Beach, each offering spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea.
· NEW Spa: After years of providing private, in-room massage treatments, Jumby Bay is about to unveil its first-ever spa. Sense, A Rosewood Spa® will welcome guests to a unique sanctuary where signature treatments inspired by indigenous natural ingredients are performed before dramatic ocean views. Located just steps from the white sand beach, the open-air Sense spa is architecturally engaging, reminiscent of colonial design, highlighting classic Mediterranean and Caribbean accents. Five treatment rooms assure easy scheduling.
· NEW Verandah Restaurant: Now transformed into the social hub of the resort, the new open-air Verandah Restaurant will captivate as an inspired setting for relaxed yet elegant dining and more. Much more, in fact, including a regular schedule of hands-on gastronomic classes from Jumby Bay Culinary Experiences cooking school, which will unfold in the kitchen under the Executive Chef. The newly designed Verandah Bar and lounge areas face the sea with an air of casual beach chic pervading under cooling ceiling fans.
· NEW Bistro-Style Restaurant: The Pool Grille is the place for swimmers and sun worshipers to take a welcome break from their pursuits, with simple yet healthful fare and an array of refreshing beverages “including cocktails, mocktails and more” for the choosing. Located between the Caribbean Sea and the resort’s dramatic NEW Oceanfront Infinity Pool.
· NEW Estate Homes: Along with Villas, the island’s Estate Homes were the only accommodations to remain open during the yearlong renovation process. Along with the redesigned resort, two new Estate Homes valued at $22 million apiece and stretching at least 9,750 square-feet will also debut. Each has distinct design style which compliments classic Caribbean, with unique pools, state-of-the-art kitchens, expansive outdoor space and use of resort services and amenities.