WHEN BEST TO GO
Spring and autumn are the recommended seasons for visiting Madrid.
In July and August temperatures can reach 40oC and in winter they can drop well below freezing.
It is illegal to drink alcohol in the streets of Madrid and smoking is banned in public places.
Fines are enforced for smoking in enclosed public spaces, designated areas of bars and restaurants, establishments that cater for children and food preparation areas.
In the summer, loose cotton clothing and sun hats are advisable.
Shorts and sandals are not commonly worn in the city. Warm clothing is a must for the winter. In autumn and spring prepare for a range of temperatures and expect rain during the spring months.
English is widely spoken.
EURO ExCHANGE RATE $1 = EURO 0.72 £1 = EURO 1.16
COUNTRY DIALLING CODE
24 HOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT
Emergency services: 112 Ambulance: 061 or 112 Fire: 080 or 112 Police: 091 or 112
US: +34 91 587 2200 UK: +34 91 700 8200 / +34 91 714 6300
Predominantly Roman Catholic.
- Año Nuevo – New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Epifanía del Señor – Epiphany (Jan 6)
- Easter (Easter Thursday and Friday)
- Fiesta del Trajabo – Labour Day (May 1)
- Fiesta de la Communidad – Community Day (May 2)
- San Isidro (May 15)
- Corpus Cristi (Jun 23)
- Santiago (Jul 25)
- Virgen de la Paloma – Feast of the Assumption (Aug 15)
- Santa Maria de la Cabeza – wife of San Isidro (Sept 9)
- Fiesta Nacional de España – Spain’s National Day (Oct 12)
- All Saints Day (Nov 1)
- Almudena (Nov 9)
- Día de la Conatitución Española – Constitution Day (Dec 6)
- La Inmaculada Concepción – Feast of the Immaculate Conception (Dec 8)
- Natividad del Señor – Christmas (Dec 25)
TYPICAL OPENING HOURS
9:30 am – 1:30 pm 5 pm – 8 pm
Ares Móbile is an exclusive chauffeur-driven limousine and car rental provider.
The luxury cars on offer include BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar, within which the finest service is provided with an emphasis on comfort, safety, privacy and confidentiality. Chauffeur driven vehicles can be hired for anything from airport transfers to extended tourist excursions. Both business and pleasure trips are organized with the utmost efficiency and attention to detail.
+ 34 91 747 7570
Ares Capital Calle Marzo, 34, 28022
Aerobalear is an air broker of private and charter flights for both companies and individual clients.
Its office is situated just 7 miles from Barajas Airport. All staff are qualified professionals with substantial airline and tour operator experience. Aerobalear brings clients a broad knowledge of the airline market and a selection of leading suppliers.
+34 91 329 7710
Francisca Delgado 9, Edificio Orizonia, Alcobendas, 28108