ESCADA, the luxury women’s fashion manufacturer, has recruited several industry experts to take over key functions for the company. For some of these recruitments new management functions were created.
These personnel measures fit into the “ESCADA Excellence” program, with which ESCADA seeks to accelerate growth and raise profitability over the coming years. The execution of the program must be ensured by a strong and experienced executive team with clear responsibilities. Key recruitments in this context have been achieved:
– Mr. Perry Oosting (46) joined the company on September 1, 2007 in the newly created function of Senior Vice President Global Commercial Operations. He is in charge of the entire sales activities of ESCADA Collection, ESCADA Sport and ESCADA Accessories. The Dutchman brings with him many years of experience in the luxury goods industry where he worked, among others, for Gucci, Prada and Bulgari. His last assignment was as Vice President for the US American fashion company Liz Claiborne from 2005 to 2007, where he was responsible for all US brands introduced in Europe and the Middle East.
– Ms. Patrizia Pressimone (45) will take over as Retail Design Director. This post has been newly created and will become effective as of November 1, 2007. The Italian will be responsible for the worldwide architecture and look of ESCADA shops. Optimizing the ongoing modernization program for the company-own retail will be one particular focus of her work. Ms. Pressimone is currently Retail Design Director and Real Estate Engineering Director at Versace in Milan. Her previous assignments were for Benetton and Céline.
– Mr. Mario Butazzi (60) will become Division Director Leather Goods & Accessories, taking over his new role on October 1, 2007. The Italian can look back on well over 35 years of experience in the industry and is one of the leading experts for leather goods and shoes. He used to work, among others, for Salvatore Ferragamo, Christian Dior and Valentino.
– Ms. Elena Ghisellini (43) joined the company on September 15, 2007 to take over the newly created position of Head Designer for handbags. The Italian woman had worked for nine years at Trussardi and afterwards six years for Salvatore Ferragamo, where her last assignment was Design Director for women leather goods. At present she is providing highly successful work for Givenchy, among others.
– Ms. Julia Hofmann (38) will take over as Chief Designer for ESCADA Sport on October 1, 2007. At present she holds the post of Design Director with Giorgio Armani in Milan. Before that she had been working with Emmanuel Ungaro in Paris, among others.
Jean-Marc Loubier, CEO of ESCADA AG: “Over the last few weeks I got to know many highly committed and competent employees. It is a team on which we can build and which we have strengthened in a number of key positions. We are delighted that we managed to win over experienced and internationally qualified managers from our industry. I am convinced that they will give the company the necessary impulses in their respective fields of expertise. Over the coming years we want to bring ESCADA into the top league of international luxury fashion brands. To do so we need the best heads in your industry.”