The 1980s were Miami’s most decadent decade, and The Mayfair Hotel & Spa was ground-zero when the global TV phenomenon Miami Vice introduced the world to a spectacular city. 2014 is a big year for both The Mayfair and Miami Vice, as both will celebrate their 30th anniversaries.
The legendary Coconut Grove landmark hotel kicks off a year of ‘Miami Vices’ special offers and celebrations with an over-the-top New Year’s package, rejoicing in all the fun and sun that made the 1980s television show such a sensation.
“We’re going all-out during 2014 to celebrate the Mayfair Hotel & Spa’s thirtieth anniversary,” said the hotel’s General Manager, Axel Gasser. “All of our special offers, events and celebrations will be part of The Mayfair’s theme for 2014, ‘Miami Vices’, honoring the iconic TV series and the common history we share from that glamorous era in Miami’s history.”
The hotel has recently completed more than $10 million in extensive renovations, just in time to announce its first “Miami Vices” offering: a New Year’s escape that screams Vice.
Details of the ‘Miami Vices’ New Year’s Escape:
– Three nights in a Mayfair Suite with a private terrace, and a Japanese Soaking Tub built for two.
– Need-for-Speed? Step on the gas in your very own vintage Ferrari, and thunder across Biscayne Bay aboard an original Miami Vice Speedboat, just like the speedsters from these Miami Vice scenes.
– You’ll also be cast in your take-home commemorative Miami Vice video, for posting on your social media and to share with your friends!
– A historic tour of 1980s Miami Vice locations, and a Miami nightlife tour.
– Time to wind down? A couples’ massage at one of the Mayfair’s rooftop poolside cabanas will help you do just that.
– Flamingo-colored 1980s gift bags including Ray Ban sunglasses, The Complete Series DVD package of Miami Vice, and soundtrack CDs.
Miami Vice debuted in 1984 and is recognized as one of the most influential television series of all time. The show was groundbreaking for the way it told stories with stylish visuals and top 40 hit songs, drawing heavily upon 1980s new wave culture and music.
Just as the series took off, so did Miami with sexy images televised worldwide including the nascent South Beach scene, Miami’s waterfront skyline, and many scenes filmed in Coconut Grove.
At the same time, a hotel legend also was born amidst much fanfare: The Mayfair Hotel & Spa. The hotel was home to the famous nightclub, Ensign Bitters, and was a mecca for nightlife, glamour, eighties excess and notoriety.
“We are excited to revisit and recreate some of the delightful decadence of eighties Miami, where the beautiful Mayfair Hotel & Spa was at the center of it all,” adds Gasser.
Keep up with the hotel’s ongoing ‘Miami Vices’ events and promotions throughout 2014 (including a Miami Vice reunion party) at MayfairHotelandSpa.com.
The New Year’s package starts at $4,000, is subject to availability and to the Mayfair Hotel’s booking terms and conditions. Two week’s advance reservations required. Any modifications or cancellations must be done at least 48 hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid cancellation penalties. Offer components, unless otherwise noted, are not transferable or redeemable for cash and cannot be applied towards future stays. Not valid with group bookings and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. To book your Miami Vices New Years Escape, call the ‘Vice’ specialists at 305 441 0000.