Viceroy Palm Springs rings in the new year with self-improvement sessions, healthful in-room dining, group wellness activities and poolside entertainment-
January 17, 2008 (Palm Springs) -Retro-chic may be Palm Springs’ claim to fame, but its soothing desert setting is also ideally suited for introspection, self-discovery and healing. Well aware of the desert’s curative magic, Viceroy Palm Springs Resort & Estrella Spa introduces a wealth of new wellness offerings to its roster of amenities for 2008 – soul-searching seminars and a new Life Coach, in-room wellness treats from Citron Restaurant, a creative new line up of wellness-themed activities for group retreats, and poolside Cabaret. Holistic health and wellness are central to the Viceroy experience, and we are delighted to share this overview of what’s new at Viceroy Palm Springs for 2008.
Soul Sessions with Life Coach Trent Blanchard: 2008 New Year’s resolution #1: Deepen self-insight and nurture empowerment. Life Coach Trent Blanchard is highly skilled at helping students identify and shed self-imposed limitations, enabling them to pursue passions, create work/life balance, set goals and make plans. This year, step out of your comfort zone and embrace life.
In-Room Wellness Menu: Viceroy Palm Springs now invites guests to enjoy its delicious array of wellness offerings in the ease of their private room. The new in-room Wellness Menu offers a selection of Citron restaurant’s all-natural and organic dishes, made with fresh herbs straight from the resort’s own garden, along with a selection of the most soothing body treatments from Estrella Spa.
Corporate Wellness Program: Bring a unique twist to your meetings and events by introducing an unexpected (but much appreciated) spa and wellness component. Let Estrella Spa create a group program of healthy morning starts, reviving breaks and/or relaxed free time that attendees will enthusiastically indulge. Group activity options include:
– Morning Energy Hike: Invigorate the group with a scenic hike through the San Jacinto Mountains, complete with panoramic views, hot cocoa breaks and organic smoothies.
– Sunrise Yoga: Awaken your senses in refreshing desert air with a private group class.
– Chair Massage Break: Give the group a mid-day boost with 10-minute Chair Massages.
– Quick-and-Easy Stretch Break: Stretch techniques build energy and stimulate the mind.
– Team Building with Life Coach: Trent Blanchard will lead exercises that help develop a more dynamic and cohesive team.
– A la Carte Spa Menu: Let Viceroy create a Spa Treatment Menu tailored to your group’s needs. Pick treatments off Estrella Spa’s menu or have the spa personalize new ones.
– Star Gazing: Relax in the crisp night air and learn the astronomy of the Mojave sky.
Upright Cabaret at Viceroy Palm Springs: L.A.’s famed Upright Cabaret premiered their season of star-studded shows on December 13 and 14, poolside at the Viceroy. In 2008, they’ll return to the scene on the third Thursday and Friday of every month for more raucous nights of music and dance. Featuring an eclectic mix of artists from stage, record and screen, the shows bring Broadway and Hollywood together in a tribute to the legendary Chi Chi Club.
Upcoming Dates: Friday, Feb 22, 2007; Thursday, March 20, 2007; Friday, March 21, 2007; Thursday, April 17, 2007; Friday, April 18, 2007; Thursday, May 15, 2007; Friday, May 16, 2007; Thursday, June 19, 2007; Friday, June 20, 2007
Prices: $25 Cash Ticket at Door
$45 Viceroy Pre-Fixe Dinner
Palm Springs Area Events: Plan a trip to the region in 2008 to experience some of the region’s most anticipated events of the year.
– Kraft Nabisco Championship, March-April 2008: This major championship on the Ladies PGA Tour is held each year at the Mission Hills Country Club, drawing over 80,000 spectators and a healthy dose of gay pride in women’s sports. www.kncgolf.com.
– Pacific Life Open Tennis Tournament, March 10-23, 2008: The fifth largest tennis event in the world is now in its 33rd year! www.pacificlifeopen.com.
– Coachella Music and Arts Festival, April 25-27, 2008: The 8th-annual Coachella Music Festival has expanded to three days! Featuring a multitude of genres, from alternative rock and hip hop to electronica, Coachella is known for booking some of the world’s biggest bands, like past-guests The White Stripes, Madonna, Bjork and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. www.coachella.com.
Room rates at Viceroy Palm Springs start at $209. For additional information, please contact Hawkins International PR or Kor Hotel Group at the numbers listed above.
About Viceroy Palm Springs Resort and Estrella Spa
Nestled beneath the ever-changing hues of the dramatic San Jacinto Mountains and amidst the distinct retro-appeal of Hollywood’s Golden-era playground, Viceroy Palm Springs Resort & Estrella Spa is an intimate boutique resort with 65 custom-designed rooms, studios and suites, as well as sumptuous private villas. Set amongst three secluded courtyards, Viceroy’s grounds feature three sparkling swimming pools and artistically manicured gardens. All hotel interiors were conceived by sought-after designer Kelly Wearstler, including Citron Restaurant & Bar and the resort’s full-service Estrella Spa. Viceroy’s Spa offers a wide selection of desert-inspired signature treatments in a private and serene indoor-outdoor facility set with deluxe couples massage suite, outdoor massage cabanas, two facial rooms (one with Hydro Tub), one wet treatment room with Vichy shower and a yoga terrace. Viceroy Palm Springs is located at 415 South Belardo Road, Palm Springs, CA, 92262. For reservations, call (866) 891-0948.
Viceroy hotels and resorts exemplify a passion for authentic, world-class, visionary design and inventive service. From skyscraping cities to pacesetting playgrounds, every Viceroy destination re-imagines the essence of style and service and inspires discriminating guests and residents to indulge in glamour, reinterpret cultural traditions and redefine their notions of luxury. Current Viceroy properties include Viceroy Santa Monica and Viceroy Palm Springs. Under development are Viceroy Miami, Viceroy Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya on Mexico’s Caribbean coast, Viceroy Zihuatanejo, Viceroy Snowmass in Colorado, Viceroy China Beach in Vietnam’s central Danang province, as well as Kor’s initial overseas venture, Viceroy Anguilla in the British West Indies.
The official site for the Viceroy brand is viceroyhotelsandresorts.com.