The Churchill Bar and Terrace’s signature cocktail, The Cigar Smoker, pays homage to the world’s most famous cigar smoker – Winston Churchill.
Throughout his life, Churchill’s most defining feature was probably a cigar permanently held between his teeth, leaving a wave of woody smoke and ashes behind him everywhere he went. The former British Prime Minister’s love for cigars began when he traveled to Cuba as a young officer in the military, with his preferred brand being Romeo y Julieta.
Historically, cocktails have been associated with sweet, sugary flavors. However, by drawing inspiration from the British staple of salt and vinegar, The Cigar Smoker offers a distinctly savory flavor – perfect for a sophisticated fall tipple.
When enjoyed at The Churchill Bar and Terrace in London, The Cigar Smoker promises a touch of theatre through an aromatic ‘smoke bubble’, representing Churchill’s cherished cigars. The skilled mixologists from The Churchill Bar have revealed the secret ingredients behind their unique cocktail, allowing you to recreate at home.
- – 50 ml Roasted Green Pepper infused Cenote Blanco Tequila
- – 30 ml Noilly Prat
- – 30 ml Tomato shrub
- – 20 ml Grapefruit Oleo-saccharum
- – 30 ml salted Cacao Husk Brew
- – Fill a mixing glass halfway with cubed ice. Use the base of a cocktail shaker or a highball or pint glass if no mixing glass is available.
- – Add the cocktail ingredients in the mixing glass.
- – Hold a bar spoon with your thumb and first two fingers at the top of the twisted part of the shaft.
- – Dunk the bar spoon into the glass and twirl the shaft back and forth and up and down for 20 to 30 seconds.
- – Strain the drink into a well-chilled glass appropriate for the cocktail – The Churchill Bar and Terrace favors a coupe.