Las Vegas, Nevada – Reported by Elite Traveler, the Private Jet Lifestyle Magazine
Bellagio, the recipient of nine consecutive AAA Five Diamond Awards for excellence, presents the extraordinary and palate-pleasing Epicurean Epicenter series. This collection of unique, interactive culinary experiences, set against the backdrop of Bellagio’s world-famous restaurants and the one-of-a-kind Tuscany Kitchen, is designed to give guests a firsthand look at how Bellagio’s award-winning chefs and sommeliers create culinary magic.
At Epicurean Epicenter events, guest will marvel as they watch talented chefs prepare their meal and minutes later are able to savor the cuisine paired with some of the world’s finest vintages. The 1,170-square-foot Tuscany Kitchen serves as the set for most Epicurean Epicenter events. This state-of-the-art demo kitchen is outfitted with top-of-the-line Viking equipment and the latest technology. Three cameras, positioned above the prep stations and stove tops, capture shots of the chefs at work and broadcast them over 60-inch plasma screens which are mounted above the cooking area for easy viewing. This, paired with the opportunity to interact live with Bellagio’s unparalleled culinary talent, creates an environment unlike any other for total immersion in the fine dining experience.
Bellagio Vice President of Food & Beverage Ana Marie Mormando said, “The events we are presenting not only showcase the award-winning culinary program at Bellagio, but put a twist on the top- notch experiences guest have become accustomed to at the resort.”
Blending together the most highly-regarded wineries with Bellagio’s internationally acclaimed culinary program, the 2010 Epicurean Epicenter series offers an array of exciting fine dining events. The series kicked-off with a magnificent event pairing Opus One Winery of Napa Valley with Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s PRIME Steakhouse and treated guests to six rare Opus One vintages paired with a four-course meal at Tuscany Kitchen. A list of upcoming events is as follows:
March 24 – Far Niente Winery and Michael Mina at MICHAEL MINA Bellagio
– James Beard awarding-winning Chef Michael Mina creates a five-course tasting menu to match the outstanding wines of Far Niente
MICHAEL MINA Bellagio at 7 p.m.
May 7 – Vegas Uncork’d events at Bellagio’s Tuscany Kitchen
– “Wine Immersion: A Master Sommelier’s View on Organic Wine” hosted by Director of Wine Jason Smith, MS; tickets are $75 per person
– “Culinary Revelations: Hands-On Sushi Demonstration” with Yellowtail Executive Chef Akira Back; tickets are $95 per person
– “Culinary Revelations: A Piece of Chocolate and a Glass of Wine” with Executive Pastry Chef Jean-Marie Auboine and Director of Wine Jason Smith, MS; tickets are $75 per person
– “Wine Immersion Experience: Wine Scores and Ratings What Do They Actually Mean?” panelists include Jim Clendenen, the winemaker and mind behind Au Bon Climat Vineyards, Pierre Rovani, former reviewer for Robert Parker’s The Wine Advocate and now President of the Burgundy estate Remoissenet and Bellagio Director of Wine Jason Smith, MS
June 19 – Father’s Day BBQ at Tuscany Kitchen
– Bellagio Executive Chef Edmund Wong brings the family together for a flavorful afternoon featuring BBQ styles from around the world; more details to come
September 25 – BOND Estate Winery at Tuscany Kitchen
– An enchanting evening devoted to Cabernet Sauvignon-based wines from one of the top, cult California wineries; more details to come
December 29 – Dom Perignon Celebration at Tuscany Kitchen
– A year-end toast featuring an array of special cuvees and rare vintages fit for most exclusive soiree of the season; more details to come
– Jason Smith, director of wine at Bellagio, said, “We are fortunate to be able to pair our world-class wine program with Bellagio’s extraordinary culinary talent in order to create special and unique wine and food experiences.”
For more information, please click< ahref=” http://bellagio.com/restaurants/epicurean-epicenter.aspx”>here